We are currently looking for prep cooks and dishwashers to assist with food preparation for catering events. Under direct supervision of the Head Chef, the Prep Cook will help prepare food as per standard recipes and help maintain a clean kitchen environment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
- Prepare a variety of meats, poultry, vegetables and other food items for cooking in broilers, ovens, grills, and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
- Understand and comply consistently with our cooking methods, quality standards and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary area including tables, shelves, walls, grills, and refrigeration equipment.
- Assist the Chef with kitchen inventory and food storage.
- Inform Chef immediately of product shortages.
- Other duties as assigned.
Availability for days, nights and weekends depending on business needs – many schedules available
- High School Diploma (or equivalent).
- At least 1 year of experience in the food and beverage industry- back of house operations.
- Ability to use multiple items/pieces of equipment in the kitchen.
- Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
- Lifting up to 30 pounds repetitively.
- Conducts work in a standing position; job requires frequent standing, walking, bending, stooping and lifting.
- Requires frequent operation of a variety of kitchen machine/equipment.